* [dpdk-dev] Recent change to make rte_cryptodev_pmd.h internal prevents some important functionality
@ 2021-09-28 17:53 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2021-09-28 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi Everyone,

We use cryptodev in SPDK and included rte_cryptodev_pmd.h so that we may release qpair memory that was allocated when we called rte_cryptodev_queue_pair_setup().  We’d do so by calling the function pointer queue_pair_release() which I believe is the prescribed way to do this.

The DPDK change in question is here: https://github.com/DPDK/dpdk/commit/af668035f7f492424b2e199f155690815944a8ca

Question: Is there another way for us to release this memory? I’ve looked through the public API and nothing stands out.

Thanks
Paul