DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] Help with a rerun of failed ci/iol-intel-functional
@ 2021-05-06 22:35 Jie Zhou
  2021-05-07 12:47 ` Aaron Conole
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Jie Zhou @ 2021-05-06 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 606 bytes --]

Hi,

This patchset (http://patchwork.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/patch/1620241931-28435-11-git-send-email-jizh@linux.microsoft.com/) hit CI lab test failure on ci/iol-intel-functional (https://lab.dpdk.org/results/dashboard/patchsets/16955/). Per looking at the log, don't see how that is related to the change from this patchset (previous versions passed this test and this V13 just trivially resolve a header file 1 line patch apply conflict). Wondering if is it possible that you help with rerun this test for the patchset to see the failure is intermittent or not? Appreciate your help!

Thanks.

Jie

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 2729 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] Help with a rerun of failed ci/iol-intel-functional
  2021-05-06 22:35 [dpdk-ci] Help with a rerun of failed ci/iol-intel-functional Jie Zhou
@ 2021-05-07 12:47 ` Aaron Conole
  2021-05-07 16:26   ` [dpdk-ci] [EXTERNAL] " Jie Zhou
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Aaron Conole @ 2021-05-07 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jie Zhou; +Cc: ci, Brandon Lo, Owen Hilyard, Lincoln Lavoie

Jie Zhou <jizh@microsoft.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
>  
>
> This patchset
> (http://patchwork.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/patch/1620241931-28435-11-git-send-email-jizh@linux.microsoft.com/)
> hit CI lab test failure on ci/iol-intel-functional (https://lab.dpdk.org/results/dashboard/patchsets/16955/). Per
> looking at the log, don’t see how that is related to the change from this patchset (previous versions passed this test
> and this V13 just trivially resolve a header file 1 line patch apply conflict). Wondering if is it possible that you help with
> rerun this test for the patchset to see the failure is intermittent or not? Appreciate your help!

I see errors like:

------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/supersocket.py", line 134, in __del__
    self.close()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line 514, in close
    set_promisc(self.ins, self.iface, 0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line 165, in set_promisc
    mreq = struct.pack("IHH8s", get_if_index(iff), PACKET_MR_PROMISC, 0, b"")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line 380, in get_if_index
    return int(struct.unpack("I", get_if(iff, SIOCGIFINDEX)[16:20])[0])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/common.py", line 59, in get_if
    ifreq = ioctl(sck, cmd, struct.pack("16s16x", iff.encode("utf8")))
OSError: [Errno 19] No such device

------------------------------------
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pexpect/spawnbase.py", line 166, in read_nonblocking
    s = os.read(self.child_fd, size)
OSError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

------------------------------------
Looks like it's something in the infrastructure or configuration of the
HW.  CC'd the lab folks.

>  
>
> Thanks.
>
>  
>
> Jie


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] [EXTERNAL] Re: Help with a rerun of failed ci/iol-intel-functional
  2021-05-07 12:47 ` Aaron Conole
@ 2021-05-07 16:26   ` Jie Zhou
  2021-05-07 20:30     ` David Liu
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Jie Zhou @ 2021-05-07 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Conole; +Cc: ci, Brandon Lo, Owen Hilyard, Lincoln Lavoie

Thanks Aaron!

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Conole <aconole@redhat.com> 
Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 5:47 AM
To: Jie Zhou <jizh@microsoft.com>
Cc: ci@dpdk.org; Brandon Lo <blo@iol.unh.edu>; Owen Hilyard <ohilyard@iol.unh.edu>; Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dpdk-ci] Help with a rerun of failed ci/iol-intel-functional

Jie Zhou <jizh@microsoft.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
>  
>
> This patchset
> (https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpatc
> hwork.dpdk.org%2Fproject%2Fdpdk%2Fpatch%2F1620241931-28435-11-git-send
> -email-jizh%40linux.microsoft.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cjizh%40microso
> ft.com%7C312abec10018483bdbea08d911565a50%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd0
> 11db47%7C1%7C0%7C637559884846642838%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC
> 4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sd
> ata=FOtKE7%2BzuGhSR1uIZSCdvnKJ31oQgq1o6RE6U1KuGno%3D&amp;reserved=0)
> hit CI lab test failure on ci/iol-intel-functional 
> (https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flab
> .dpdk.org%2Fresults%2Fdashboard%2Fpatchsets%2F16955%2F&amp;data=04%7C0
> 1%7Cjizh%40microsoft.com%7C312abec10018483bdbea08d911565a50%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637559884846652833%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=74kKnF9U1d%2Fy10TqMkDZE4kdiVCtZbWkWz4R7KJWS4Y%3D&amp;reserved=0). Per looking at the log, don't see how that is related to the change from this patchset (previous versions passed this test and this V13 just trivially resolve a header file 1 line patch apply conflict). Wondering if is it possible that you help with rerun this test for the patchset to see the failure is intermittent or not? Appreciate your help!

I see errors like:

------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/supersocket.py", line 134, in __del__
    self.close()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line 514, in close
    set_promisc(self.ins, self.iface, 0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line 165, in set_promisc
    mreq = struct.pack("IHH8s", get_if_index(iff), PACKET_MR_PROMISC, 0, b"")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line 380, in get_if_index
    return int(struct.unpack("I", get_if(iff, SIOCGIFINDEX)[16:20])[0])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/common.py", line 59, in get_if
    ifreq = ioctl(sck, cmd, struct.pack("16s16x", iff.encode("utf8")))
OSError: [Errno 19] No such device

------------------------------------
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pexpect/spawnbase.py", line 166, in read_nonblocking
    s = os.read(self.child_fd, size)
OSError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

------------------------------------
Looks like it's something in the infrastructure or configuration of the HW.  CC'd the lab folks.

>  
>
> Thanks.
>
>  
>
> Jie


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] [EXTERNAL] Re: Help with a rerun of failed ci/iol-intel-functional
  2021-05-07 16:26   ` [dpdk-ci] [EXTERNAL] " Jie Zhou
@ 2021-05-07 20:30     ` David Liu
  2021-05-07 20:38       ` Jie Zhou
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: David Liu @ 2021-05-07 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jie Zhou; +Cc: Aaron Conole, ci, Brandon Lo, Owen Hilyard, Lincoln Lavoie

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 3431 bytes --]

Hi,

The rerun has been kick off.

The test result on the patchwork will be updated shortly.

Thank,
David

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 12:26 PM Jie Zhou <jizh@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks Aaron!
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Aaron Conole <aconole@redhat.com>
> Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 5:47 AM
> To: Jie Zhou <jizh@microsoft.com>
> Cc: ci@dpdk.org; Brandon Lo <blo@iol.unh.edu>; Owen Hilyard <
> ohilyard@iol.unh.edu>; Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dpdk-ci] Help with a rerun of failed
> ci/iol-intel-functional
>
> Jie Zhou <jizh@microsoft.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >
> >
> > This patchset
> > (https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpatc
> > hwork.dpdk.org%2Fproject%2Fdpdk%2Fpatch%2F1620241931-28435-11-git-send
> > -email-jizh%40linux.microsoft.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cjizh%40microso
> > ft.com%7C312abec10018483bdbea08d911565a50%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd0
> > 11db47%7C1%7C0%7C637559884846642838%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC
> > 4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sd
> > ata=FOtKE7%2BzuGhSR1uIZSCdvnKJ31oQgq1o6RE6U1KuGno%3D&amp;reserved=0)
> > hit CI lab test failure on ci/iol-intel-functional
> > (https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flab
> > .dpdk.org%2Fresults%2Fdashboard%2Fpatchsets%2F16955%2F&amp;data=04%7C0
> > 1%7Cjizh%40microsoft.com%7C312abec10018483bdbea08d911565a50%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637559884846652833%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=74kKnF9U1d%2Fy10TqMkDZE4kdiVCtZbWkWz4R7KJWS4Y%3D&amp;reserved=0).
> Per looking at the log, don't see how that is related to the change from
> this patchset (previous versions passed this test and this V13 just
> trivially resolve a header file 1 line patch apply conflict). Wondering if
> is it possible that you help with rerun this test for the patchset to see
> the failure is intermittent or not? Appreciate your help!
>
> I see errors like:
>
> ------------------------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/supersocket.py", line
> 134, in __del__
>     self.close()
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line
> 514, in close
>     set_promisc(self.ins, self.iface, 0)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line
> 165, in set_promisc
>     mreq = struct.pack("IHH8s", get_if_index(iff), PACKET_MR_PROMISC, 0,
> b"")
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line
> 380, in get_if_index
>     return int(struct.unpack("I", get_if(iff, SIOCGIFINDEX)[16:20])[0])
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/common.py", line
> 59, in get_if
>     ifreq = ioctl(sck, cmd, struct.pack("16s16x", iff.encode("utf8")))
> OSError: [Errno 19] No such device
>
> ------------------------------------
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pexpect/spawnbase.py", line
> 166, in read_nonblocking
>     s = os.read(self.child_fd, size)
> OSError: [Errno 5] Input/output error
>
> ------------------------------------
> Looks like it's something in the infrastructure or configuration of the
> HW.  CC'd the lab folks.
>
> >
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
> >
> > Jie
>
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 5081 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] [EXTERNAL] Re: Help with a rerun of failed ci/iol-intel-functional
  2021-05-07 20:30     ` David Liu
@ 2021-05-07 20:38       ` Jie Zhou
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Jie Zhou @ 2021-05-07 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Liu, Ferruh Yigit
  Cc: Aaron Conole, ci, Brandon Lo, Owen Hilyard, Lincoln Lavoie

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 6167 bytes --]

Thank you David for helping with the rerun! The dashboard now is updated and the previous failed test passed: [v13,10/10] app/testpmd: enable building testpmd on Windows - Patchwork (dpdk.org)<http://patchwork.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/patch/1620241931-28435-11-git-send-email-jizh@linux.microsoft.com/>.

+ Ferruh just FYI on the current test results as this patch set is delegated to you.

Thanks.

Jie

From: David Liu <dliu@iol.unh.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 1:30 PM
To: Jie Zhou <jizh@microsoft.com>
Cc: Aaron Conole <aconole@redhat.com>; ci@dpdk.org; Brandon Lo <blo@iol.unh.edu>; Owen Hilyard <ohilyard@iol.unh.edu>; Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-ci] [EXTERNAL] Re: Help with a rerun of failed ci/iol-intel-functional

Hi,

The rerun has been kick off.

The test result on the patchwork will be updated shortly.

Thank,
David

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 12:26 PM Jie Zhou <jizh@microsoft.com<mailto:jizh@microsoft.com>> wrote:
Thanks Aaron!

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Conole <aconole@redhat.com<mailto:aconole@redhat.com>>
Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 5:47 AM
To: Jie Zhou <jizh@microsoft.com<mailto:jizh@microsoft.com>>
Cc: ci@dpdk.org<mailto:ci@dpdk.org>; Brandon Lo <blo@iol.unh.edu<mailto:blo@iol.unh.edu>>; Owen Hilyard <ohilyard@iol.unh.edu<mailto:ohilyard@iol.unh.edu>>; Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu<mailto:lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dpdk-ci] Help with a rerun of failed ci/iol-intel-functional

Jie Zhou <jizh@microsoft.com<mailto:jizh@microsoft.com>> writes:

> Hi,
>
>
>
> This patchset
> (https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpatc
> hwork.dpdk.org<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fhwork.dpdk.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cjizh%40microsoft.com%7Caa8ebdae8b5e410828c208d911970561%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637560162608195912%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=BCmbFYYz6UzMvQATiUTBV5S38xK3PfHNv2nihSvY5%2Bg%3D&reserved=0>%2Fproject%2Fdpdk%2Fpatch%2F1620241931-28435-11-git-send
> -email-jizh%40linux.microsoft.com<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2F40linux.microsoft.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cjizh%40microsoft.com%7Caa8ebdae8b5e410828c208d911970561%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637560162608195912%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=1JGX%2B1MpigA9YSLmhMDVl3Q%2FWbjdQwsl%2BpQ5Q52%2Fgbo%3D&reserved=0>%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cjizh%40microso
> ft.com<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fft.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cjizh%40microsoft.com%7Caa8ebdae8b5e410828c208d911970561%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637560162608205911%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=hMIsgOphwv6W6nVg5hQC%2Fyror%2Fx7L4bZ41HslOFszhw%3D&reserved=0>%7C312abec10018483bdbea08d911565a50%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd0
> 11db47%7C1%7C0%7C637559884846642838%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC
> 4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sd
> ata=FOtKE7%2BzuGhSR1uIZSCdvnKJ31oQgq1o6RE6U1KuGno%3D&amp;reserved=0)
> hit CI lab test failure on ci/iol-intel-functional
> (https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flab
> .dpdk.org<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdpdk.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cjizh%40microsoft.com%7Caa8ebdae8b5e410828c208d911970561%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637560162608215906%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=zDLnsqk%2FM8gL%2F53zAHmzVstStAQqUrkr5Mfgo2%2Fjxuc%3D&reserved=0>%2Fresults%2Fdashboard%2Fpatchsets%2F16955%2F&amp;data=04%7C0
> 1%7Cjizh%40microsoft.com<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2F40microsoft.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cjizh%40microsoft.com%7Caa8ebdae8b5e410828c208d911970561%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637560162608225899%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=o%2FWz4F7HoGksv%2FMiD0UXeBYL0KJolP2TSRw0jHIcQIs%3D&reserved=0>%7C312abec10018483bdbea08d911565a50%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637559884846652833%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=74kKnF9U1d%2Fy10TqMkDZE4kdiVCtZbWkWz4R7KJWS4Y%3D&amp;reserved=0). Per looking at the log, don't see how that is related to the change from this patchset (previous versions passed this test and this V13 just trivially resolve a header file 1 line patch apply conflict). Wondering if is it possible that you help with rerun this test for the patchset to see the failure is intermittent or not? Appreciate your help!

I see errors like:

------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/supersocket.py", line 134, in __del__
    self.close()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line 514, in close
    set_promisc(self.ins, self.iface, 0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line 165, in set_promisc
    mreq = struct.pack("IHH8s", get_if_index(iff), PACKET_MR_PROMISC, 0, b"")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/linux.py", line 380, in get_if_index
    return int(struct.unpack("I", get_if(iff, SIOCGIFINDEX)[16:20])[0])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/scapy/arch/common.py", line 59, in get_if
    ifreq = ioctl(sck, cmd, struct.pack("16s16x", iff.encode("utf8")))
OSError: [Errno 19] No such device

------------------------------------
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pexpect/spawnbase.py", line 166, in read_nonblocking
    s = os.read(self.child_fd, size)
OSError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

------------------------------------
Looks like it's something in the infrastructure or configuration of the HW.  CC'd the lab folks.

>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> Jie

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 10241 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-05-07 20:38 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-05-06 22:35 [dpdk-ci] Help with a rerun of failed ci/iol-intel-functional Jie Zhou
2021-05-07 12:47 ` Aaron Conole
2021-05-07 16:26   ` [dpdk-ci] [EXTERNAL] " Jie Zhou
2021-05-07 20:30     ` David Liu
2021-05-07 20:38       ` Jie Zhou

DPDK CI discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git