* [dpdk-dev] FW: BUG in IP FRAGMENTATION
@ 2014-10-15 11:06 Dey, Souvik
From: Dey, Souvik @ 2014-10-15 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Patil, PraveenKumar

Hi,
                In DPDK1.6 do we support overlapped fragments while doing reassembly. Also why we don't consider the first or last fragment to be out-of-order. Are this known limitations in DPDK or they are not working due to some bugs in the code ?

Souvik

* Re: [dpdk-dev] FW: BUG in IP FRAGMENTATION
@ 2014-10-15 11:23 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-10-15 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dey, Souvik; +Cc: dev, Patil, PraveenKumar

ME TOO, I HAVE A BUG WITH CAPS LOCK ;)

2014-10-15 11:06, Dey, Souvik:
> In DPDK1.6 do we support overlapped fragments while doing reassembly.
> Also why we don't consider the first or last fragment to be out-of-order.
> Are this known limitations in DPDK or they are not working due to some
> bugs in the code ?

Please test the latest version and explain how you see the bug.

Thanks
--
Thomas

* Re: [dpdk-dev] FW: BUG in IP FRAGMENTATION
@ 2014-10-15 11:52   ` Dey, Souvik
From: Dey, Souvik @ 2014-10-15 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev, Patil, PraveenKumar

We have not directly tried to use the 1.7 code with fragmentation apis, but we did run through the 1.7 code and did not find any much difference between 1.6 and 1.7 code.
I had wrongly mentioned out-of-order in my previous mail. Actually out-of-order is working fine but we are facing issues with overlapping and duplicate fragments.
 In the 1.7 fragmentation code also in file ip_frag_internals.c , function ip_frag_process we also see this comment

	/*
	 * errorneous packet: either exceeed max allowed number of fragments,
	 * or duplicate first/last fragment encountered.
	 */

Which indirectly suggest that the handling of duplicate first/last fragment is taken as error. Same with overlapping fragment we could not find any piece of code which will be doing it.

Souvik

@ 2014-10-15 12:18     ` Ananyev, Konstantin
From: Ananyev, Konstantin @ 2014-10-15 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dey, Souvik, Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev, Patil, PraveenKumar

Yes, that's right.
If we encounter a duplicate and/or overlapping fragment we treat it  as an error.

@ 2014-10-15 12:30       ` Dey, Souvik
From: Dey, Souvik @ 2014-10-15 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ananyev, Konstantin, Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev, Patil, PraveenKumar

Any plans to support this in future in DPDK fragmentation code ?