* [dpdk-users] Low throughput when pushing multiple priorities within a VLAN
@ 2020-08-24  8:34 Alireza Sanaee
From: Alireza Sanaee @ 2020-08-24  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Dear all,

I'd like to push two flows with two different priorities from a NIC to
the network. If I use same priority for my flows, they'll be pushed at
the line rate. However, when I pick two different VLAN priorities,
throughput reduces drastically.

Is there anything wrong with my NIC configuration?

Thanks,
Alireza

* Re: [dpdk-users] Low throughput when pushing multiple priorities within a VLAN
@ 2020-08-24 19:17 ` Erez Ferber
From: Erez Ferber @ 2020-08-24 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alireza Sanaee; +Cc: users

Hi,

Which NIC are you using ?

Thanks,
Erez

@ 2020-08-25  0:42   ` Alireza Sanaee
From: Alireza Sanaee @ 2020-08-25  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erez Ferber; +Cc: users

Hi,

Here is my NIC,  Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27710
Family [ConnectX-4 Lx]

Thanks,
Alireza

@ 2020-08-25 13:06     ` Alireza Sanaee
From: Alireza Sanaee @ 2020-08-25 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users; +Cc: Erez Ferber

Hi,

We have examined three NICs:

Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27800 Family [ConnectX-5]
Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx]
Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection

Our DPDK version is 20.05.0-rc0, Intel NIC works properly and doesn't
show any throughput slow down, however, Mellanox NICs both show dramatic
slow down for some reason.

Thanks,
Alireza

@ 2020-08-25 13:12       ` Erez Ferber
From: Erez Ferber @ 2020-08-25 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alireza Sanaee; +Cc: users

Hi,

I suspect it is related to the egress QoS policy mechanism enabled by
default on the ConnectX. I suggest you contact the local support team so
they can suggest a proper solution.

Regards,
Erez