* [dpdk-users] Problem in configuring rxmode.mq_mode
@ 2020-07-16 12:11 Alireza Sanaee
From: Alireza Sanaee @ 2020-07-16 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Dear all,

I'd like to configure my NIC to not use RSS, however, it seems NIC
doesn't adhere to the configurations set in the code, and it just
applies a default RSS config. Particularly, I turned the RSS config off
using `.mq_mode = ETH_MQ_RX_NONE`, but my NIC still keeps landing
different flows on different queues. I have got a Mellanox ConnectX-4 NIC.

Thanks,
Alireza

* Re: [dpdk-users] Problem in configuring rxmode.mq_mode
@ 2020-07-16 15:32 ` Raslan Darawsheh
From: Raslan Darawsheh @ 2020-07-16 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alireza Sanaee, users

Hi Alireza,

We had this issue in old releases, and it has been fixed by this patch:
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/69554/
can you check if it will solve your issue?

Kindest regards,
Raslan Darawsheh

@ 2020-07-16 18:55   ` Alireza Sanaee
From: Alireza Sanaee @ 2020-07-16 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raslan Darawsheh, users

Hello,

Thanks for the message,

It actually helped, and it now complies with RSS configuration using the
patch. I also suspect that there is some sort of similar problem
concerned with adding more flow rules as well. I added different rules
to steer flows on a specific queue, however, DPDK seems to be totally
unresponsive to my rules. Is there any idea here?

I'm using DPDK 19.11.1!

Thanks,
Alireza

@ 2020-07-17 14:01     ` Alireza Sanaee
From: Alireza Sanaee @ 2020-07-17 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hey,

I believe rules are working properly without any problems.

Thanks,
Alireza

On 7/17/20 2:55 AM, Alireza Sanaee wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the message,
>
> It actually helped, and it now complies with RSS configuration using
> the patch. I also suspect that there is some sort of similar problem
> concerned with adding more flow rules as well. I added different rules
> to steer flows on a specific queue, however, DPDK seems to be totally
> unresponsive to my rules. Is there any idea here?
>
> I'm using DPDK 19.11.1!
>
> Thanks,
> Alireza
>
> On 7/16/20 11:32 PM, Raslan Darawsheh wrote:
>> Hi Alireza,
>>
>> We had this issue in old releases, and it has been fixed by this patch:
>> http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/69554/
>> can you check if it will solve your issue?
>>
>> Kindest regards,
>> Raslan Darawsheh

>>> Alireza